The purpose of this statement is to share with you our policy concerning your privacy.
Statement of Purpose
This website is an educational and informational electronic publication of Good Samaritan Beius. Good Samaritan is a Romanian non-profit organization that provides disadvantaged orphans with a chance to learn a job and life skills and to hopefully obtain jobs and better futures; we help children at risk to remain with their families, instead of being abandoned due to poverty and lack of education. We promote performance in education amongst adolescents by encouraging them to progress in life and their future careers through hard work and integrity.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- When you visit our site, we collect some non-identifying basic information. This includes total number of visitors, pages viewed, and other non-identifying information. We use this aggregate information to improve our site and to make your experience on our website as smooth as possible.
- Donations made on-line to us are secure. When you make a donation online (via paypal or galantom), we ask for your name, address, daytime phone, e-mail address, and credit card information. We use your information to process your donation(s) and to verify credit card data. We use your mailing address/email address to send you a thank you letter/email and for legitimate interests. Your contact information is also kept in accordance with Romanian law.
- GSB maintains a written policy to discontinue contacting any person upon that person's oral or written request directed to GSB.
- GSB will never send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- GSB will not add a donor to our newsletter mailing list without their prior consent
- Individuals can request to receive mailings from us by post, email or telephone by completing one of our signup forms either on our website or using one of the consent forms.
Do we share your information?
- We do not share your personal information with any third party. It is our policy not to sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone. We reserve the right to change our policy at any time. If we choose to change our policy, you will be given the option to remove your name from our database.
- We may disclose to third parties aggregate statistics regarding donations but these statistics do not include any personally identifying information. The information given includes: total number of donors, total amount of donations for specific periods of time, and referring websites. Aggregate information of this kind is used to encourage fundraising partnerships.
- We use a third-party to process our credit card transactions. They receive the credit card number and other personal information of our donors only to verify credit card numbers and to process credit card transactions in a secure environment.
How do we provide a secure environment for on-line transactions?
- Our on-line credit card verification system is handled by a third party, which collects your name, address, phone, credit card number and expiration date in order to process your transaction. Their encryption technology offers the highest level of security available on the Internet today, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). They have state-of-the-art firewalls and other security technology in place to insure the confidentiality of your transactions. Your credit card information will not be released by GSB or its partner to any other party.
How do you contact us regarding your information?
- If you prefer not to receive any mail or e-mail correspondence from us, please send your full name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be removed from our mailing list.
- You can withdraw or change your consent at any time by contacting us at Good Samaritan Association, Str. Gheorghe Pitut, nr.11, bl.Z3, ap.2, Beius, 415200, Bihor, Romania or via email at: email@example.com. Your information will be treated with respect and confidentiality.
- Please note that all processing of your personal data will cease once you have withdrawn consent, other than where this is required by law, but this will not affect any personal data that has already been processed prior to this point.
Note to Parents
We are pleased when young people visit the website of GSB to learn more about the organization. Good Samaritan does not knowingly solicit data from children and does not knowingly market to children.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that GSB is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this website.
Again, thank you for visiting the site of the GSB. We welcome your feedback. Any visitors who want to review or correct personal information collected on them can contact GSB by calling or emailing us at the number or address below. For additional information about this site or about Good Samaritan Beius you may contact us at:
Good Samaritan Association
Str. Gheorghe Pitut, nr.11, bl.Z3, ap.2
Beius, 415200, Bihor,
Tel: +40 720 64 22 38